Freelance editing and indexing available for non-fiction books, essays, and dissertations in the social sciences and humanities. I have experience in the fields of cultural studies, gender studies, literature, history, political science, economics, development studies, sociology, anthropology, and international relations. Contact me for an estimate.
Senior Essays Editor, Jaggery: A DesiLit Arts and Literature Journal
Essays Editor, Canadian Women in the Literary Arts
Proofreader, The Leveller
Published books and articles:
- Copy editor, Racism and Anti-Racism in Canada by David Este, Liza Lorenzetti, and Christa Sato. Fernwood Publishing, forthcoming.
- Copy editor, Policing Indigenous Movements: Dissent and the Security State by Andrew Crosby and Jeffery Monaghan. Fernwood Publishing, May 2018.
- Copy editor, There’s Something in the Water: Environmental Racism in Indigenous and Black Communities by Ingrid R.G. Waldron. Fernwood Publishing, April 2018.
- Copy editor, Change a Life, Change Your Own: Child Sponsorship, the Discourse of Development, and the Production of Ethical Subjects by Peter Ove. Fernwood Publishing, February 2018.
- Copy editor, The Public Sector in an Age of Austerity: Perspectives from Canada’s Provinces and Territories by Bryan Evans and Carlo Fanelli (eds.) McGill-Queen’s University Press, forthcoming.
- Copy editor, Power, Pleasure, Poetics: The Ethics and Politics of Breastfeeding by Robyn Lee. University of Toronto Press, forthcoming.
- Stylistic editor, “Sincerity as Strategy: Green Movements and the Problem of Reconciling Deliberative and Instrumental Action” by Markus Holdo in Environmental Politics. March 2018.
- Copy editor, Policing Black Lives: State violence in Canada from slavery to the present by Robyn Maynard. Fernwood Publishing. October 2017.
- Copy editor, “The Virtuous, the Critical and the Trustworthy: Citizen Ideals and Forms of Democratic Participation” by Markus Holdo in Scandinavian Political Studies. December 2017.
- Copy editor, “A Nation of Feminist Arms Dealers? Canada and Military Exports” by Srdjan Vucetic in International Journal: Canada’s Journal of Global Policy Analysis. December 2017.
- Copy editor, “Exploring Guanxi in a Cross-Cultural Context: The Case of Cantonese-Speaking Chinese in Johannesburg” by Ying-Ying Tiffany Liu in Journal of Chinese Overseas. December 2017.
- Developmental editor, “Cancer Jokes: Humour’s Role in Surviving Cancer Treatment in Argentina” by Rafael Wainer. Draft.
- Copy editor, “Add Female Veterans and Stir? A Feminist Perspective on Gendering Veterans Research” by Maya Eichler in Armed Forces & Society. Sage Publishing, January 2017.
- Copy editor, “Contesting the Colonial Logics of the International: Towards a relational global politics for the Pluriverse” by Cristina Rojas in International Political Sociology (2016) 10 (4): 369–382. Oxford University Press, November 2016.
- Copy editor, Far From the Mountain: political notes and commentaries by Jai Parasram. Paria Publishing Company Ltd., August 2013.
- Translation editor, The Nordic Approach, Korsvik, Trine Rogg (ed.) Kolofon Forlag, 2011.