Freelance editing and indexing available for non-fiction books, essays, and dissertations in the social sciences and humanities. I have experience in the fields of cultural studies, gender studies, literature, history, political science, economics, development studies, sociology, anthropology, and international relations. Contact me for an estimate.
Acquisitions and Development Editor; Copy Editor, Fernwood Publishing
Essays Editor, Canadian Women in the Literary Arts
Published books and articles that I’ve worked on:
- Minority Languages, National Languages, and Official Language Policies by Gillian Lane-Mercier, Denise Merkle, and Jane Koustas. McGill-Queen’s University Press, forthcoming.
- Racism and Anti-Racism in Canada by David Este, Liza Lorenzetti, and Christa Sato. Fernwood Publishing, forthcoming.
- Policing Indigenous Movements: Dissent and the Security State by Andrew Crosby and Jeffery Monaghan. Fernwood Publishing, May 2018.
- There’s Something in the Water: Environmental Racism in Indigenous and Black Communities by Ingrid R.G. Waldron. Fernwood Publishing, April 2018.
- Change a Life, Change Your Own: Child Sponsorship, the Discourse of Development, and the Production of Ethical Subjects by Peter Ove. Fernwood Publishing, February 2018.
- The Public Sector in an Age of Austerity: Perspectives from Canada’s Provinces and Territories by Bryan Evans and Carlo Fanelli (eds.) McGill-Queen’s University Press, forthcoming.
- Power, Pleasure, Poetics: The Ethics and Politics of Breastfeeding by Robyn Lee. University of Toronto Press, forthcoming.
- “Sincerity as Strategy: Green Movements and the Problem of Reconciling Deliberative and Instrumental Action” by Markus Holdo in Environmental Politics. March 2018.
- Policing Black Lives: State violence in Canada from slavery to the present by Robyn Maynard. Fernwood Publishing. October 2017.
- “The Virtuous, the Critical and the Trustworthy: Citizen Ideals and Forms of Democratic Participation” by Markus Holdo in Scandinavian Political Studies. December 2017.
- “A Nation of Feminist Arms Dealers? Canada and Military Exports” by Srdjan Vucetic in International Journal: Canada’s Journal of Global Policy Analysis. December 2017.
- “Exploring Guanxi in a Cross-Cultural Context: The Case of Cantonese-Speaking Chinese in Johannesburg” by Ying-Ying Tiffany Liu in Journal of Chinese Overseas. December 2017.
- “Cancer Jokes: Humour’s Role in Surviving Cancer Treatment in Argentina” by Rafael Wainer. Draft.
- “Add Female Veterans and Stir? A Feminist Perspective on Gendering Veterans Research” by Maya Eichler in Armed Forces & Society. Sage Publishing, January 2017.
- “Contesting the Colonial Logics of the International: Towards a relational global politics for the Pluriverse” by Cristina Rojas in International Political Sociology (2016) 10 (4): 369–382. Oxford University Press, November 2016.
- Far From the Mountain: political notes and commentaries by Jai Parasram. Paria Publishing Company Ltd., August 2013.
- The Nordic Approach, Korsvik, Trine Rogg (ed.) Kolofon Forlag, 2011.
Senior Essays Editor, Jaggery: A DesiLit Arts and Literature Journal
Proofreader, The Leveller